- Go to the Smart Slider's back-end Global Settings → Instagram generator, and copy the Callback url.
- Login to Instagram, and go to this page to create a new client.
- Give an Application Name, a Description, write your website's url to the Website URL field, and paste your Callback url into the Redirect URI(s), and pass the captcha.
- Now you will see the client you have just made. Copy the CLIENT ID and the CLIENT SECRET.
- Paste them into the Smart Slider's back-end Global Settings → Instagram generator. (Make sure that you don't have any empty space characters in the end or beginning of them.)
- Click on Request token, and authorize the popup window.
- You will see the token appearing, and you should save on your settings.
- Now the api is done, and you can create a new slider, or use an existing one.
- Choose to give dynamic slides to your slider.
- Pick one of the Instagram generators.
- Set up your generator, choose the settings you think you want, change the number of slides to how many do you want to be in your slider, change the cache expiration to the time you want your slider to look for new data, and if you want to, you can check, what will be on your slides in the record viewer.
Instagram had limited down the accessability of their APIs, and from April 4, 2018 you will only be able to access your own images, and only the last 20 from them! Instagram can have images and videos, but they do not offer a way through their API to only ask down the images, so it has to happen from our end of the code. Because of this 10 slides might not mean 10 slides, but it's rather 10 data asked down from Instagram including videos, which will be removed. If you want to have exactly 10 slides, you should rather ask down more data, like 20, so you would surely have 10 images and give 10 to the maximum slide count option.
- Now you can start working on how your slides will look with the datas of the first slide. You can put down layers, and use the VARIABLE signs to put that data inside them, what you want there to be.
- If something is not clear, check out how the dynamic slide generators work.
Search by tag
- Search by tag - The tag you would like to search for.
Photos by user
- Username - The username from who you would like to show photos.
My feed, Search by tag, Photos by user
- caption - The description of the photo.
- title - The title of the photo.
- standard_res_image - The standard resolution image of the photo.
- image - The standard resolution image of the photo.
- thumbnail_image - The thumbnail image of the photo.
- thumbnail - The thumbnail image of the photo.
- description - The description of the photo.
- url - URL to the photo.
- url_label - A translatable "View image" text
- owner_full_name - The full name of the owner of the photo
- author_name - The full name of the author of the photo.
- owner_website - URL to the website of the author of the photo.
- author_url - URL to the website of the author of the photo.
- low_res_image - A low resolution image of the photo.
- owner_username - The username of the owner of the photo.
- owner_profile_picture - The profile picture of the owner of the photo.
- owner_bio - The biography of the owner of the photo.
- likes_count - The number of likes on the photo.
- comments_count - The number of comments at the photo.