- You need PHP 5.4 or a higher PHP version.
- You need to have a HTTPS website, so an SSL certificate is required on your site.
- You need to submit your App for review. This means you need to write a reasoning why do you want to ask down those Facebook data you want to show and people at Facebook will decide whether you can use your application or not. This can take time.
It's also important to know that we do not have control over this process by any means. If you want your app get approved, check out the App Review documentation people at Facebook put together. Follow each step carefully and you'll have better chances to get your app approved.
- You need to manually request a new token in every two month. As you see at step 16., our system will write out when that two month ends to help you track it.
Create an application at facebook.
Give your APP a Display Name, click on Create App ID and pass the security check.
At Select a Scenario choose Integrate Facebook Login then press Confirm
In the left side bar find Facebook Login under the PRODUCTS section, click on Quickstart and choose Web as the platform.
Write your website's URL into the Site URL and press Save.
Go to our admin area Settings -> Facebook generator and copy out the Callback url.
At your App go to the Settings menu (under the Facebook login menupoint). Insert the Callback URL from Smart Slider 3's backend to the Valid OAuth Redirect URIs field.
Click Save changes at the bottom right corner.
Currently your App is in development mode, to make it available for the public, set the On/Off switch to On.
On the right side bar click on App Review and select My Permissions and Features, then click on the Add additional permissions and features link.
You need to request access to the user_photos and manage_pages permission.
At the Complete App Verification section, you need to write a short description for the Facebook associate who will review your App. You need to include details about how and where the reviewer can interact with your project where you use the requested permissions.
At the Requested Permissions and Features section, add details to why you want to request the given data.
If you see the Complete App Settings section that means some details for your App are still missing. In the list you will see the settings you need to fill.
Finally you will have to wait until Facebook approves these submissions!
Once everything is fine with the App, go to the Basic Settings and copy your App ID and App Secret.
Paste them into our back-end to the Global Settings → Facebook generator. (Make sure that you don't have any empty space characters in the end or beginning of them.)
Now the api is done and you can create a new slider or use an existing one.
Choose to give dynamic slides to your slider.
Pick Facebook and either photos by page or posts by page.
Set up your generator, pick an album or page, change the number of slides to how many do you want to be in your slider, change the cache expiration to the time you want your slider to look for new data, and if you want to, you can check, what will be on your slides in the record viewer.
Now you can start working on how your slides will look with the datas of the first slide. You can put down layers, and use the VARIABLE signs to put that data inside them, what you want there to be.
If something is not clear, check out how the dynamic slide generators work.
Photos by album
Posts by page
- Page - The name of the facebook page, from where you want to show the posts.
- Type - You can choose to either show the posts, or the feed of that page.
Photos by album
- image - The link of the image.
- thumbnail - The link of the image's thumbnail.
- title - The title of the image.
- description - The description of the image.
- url - URL to the image.
- author_url - URL to the author of the image.
- likes - Like count of the image.
- icon - Facebook's image icon.
- picture - Small version of the image.
- source - Medium version of the image.
- imageX - Different sizes of the image.
Posts by page
- link - Link to the post.
- description - The text of the post.
- type - The type of the post, if it has an image, it's image type, if it has a video, it's video.
- image - The image of the post.