System requirements (PHP, SQL, etc.)
- PHP VERSION: The required version is PHP 7.0 or higher.
- Upload limitation: Minimum 5MB to be able to install Smart Slider 3 by uploading the zip file. If the limitation is smaller, or you're not sure about the value, ask your host!
- Component: GD – Graphics directory. Usually it is enabled on every web-server, but if not, feel free to ask your hosting provider. They will enable it for you.
- Component: CURL. It needed for the activation, import sample sliders and update. You'll also need it when you are using social generators.
- Memory limit: 64M. The amount of memory our slider needs is up to the number of slides, and the number and types of the animations. So if you create a small slider, that can work with lower memory limit, too, but if you create a really big slider, that might need more. If your php info says that you have a lower memory limit, contact your server host and ask them to change it to 64M or 128M. If you have several plugins on your site you might need 128M or even 256M memory.
- Server security: Our back-end uses base64 encoding in the back-end to be able to post any kind of variables. If your server has a base64 security filtering, ask them to turn it off.
- SimpleXML extension
- max_input_vars 1000 value
- MYSQL: The required version is 4.0 or higher.
- Joomla 3.7 or higher (Joomla 4 is not supported yet.)
- WordPress 4.6 or higher (WordPress 5.x is supported too!)
- jQuery 1.8.0 or higher jQuery 1.x.x or jQuery 3.x (the regular and not the slim versions). jQuery 2.x is not supported!
The Smart Slider's back-end was tested on Firefox, Chrome and Safari, so use one of them for creating sliders.
IE11+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Android 5.0+ browsers