Slide background parallax problems
The effect doesn't work at all in some browsers
The parallax effect is not fully supported in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. (The result is choppy or jumpy.) In these browsers we entirely disabled both the one slide parallax and the multiple slide parallax effect.
Some mobile browsers might also automatically disable the codes that make effect, because it's resource heavy for them, and it can't be overruled, so the effect won't work there.
The effect doesn't work when the slider is in the middle of the browser
The new parallax effect only takes effect on the slider backgrounds when they move out of the visible area. This is necessary to avoid several browser related problems which are happening because browsers are having a hard time displaying the parallax effect inside changing elements, like a slider. (When the currently viewed image/video can be replaced with a different image/video.)
For people updating from older versions there's a fallback mechanism implemented. The following actions will happen in the two possible cases:
Slider level parallax
If your parallax effect was enabled by selecting the Fixed fill mode at the Slider settings → General tab, this will happen:
- Since there's no Fixed fill mode anymore, the fill mode of your slider will default back to fill
- The Parallax feature will be enabled for the slider
- The Parallax strength will be set to Super Strong 100% instead of the default normal (For its closer to the old effect than normal is.)
Slide level parallax
If your parallax effect was enabled by selecting the Fixed fill mode at the Slide settings → Background tab → Image, this will happen:
- Since there's no Fixed fill mode anymore, the fill mode of your slide will default back to fill
- The Parallax feature will not be enabled for the slider