K2 items generator
With this dynamic slide generator you can show the contents of your K2 items.
- Create a new slider, or use an existing one.
- Choose to give dynamic slides to your slider.
- Choose K2 items.
- Set up your generator, choose the settings you think you want, change the number of slides to how many do you want to be in your slider, change the cache expiration to the time you want your slider to look for new data, and if you want to, you can check, what will be on your slides in the record viewer.
- Now you can start working on how your slides will look with the datas of the first slide. You can put down layers, and use the VARIABLE signs to put that data inside them, what you want there to be.
- If something is not clear, check out how the dynamic slide generators work.
- Categories - You can select the categories from where you want the items.
- Tags - You can select tags to filter your items from the selected categories.
- Featured - You can choose to show only the featured, not featured or all items.
- User id - You can write one user's id in here, and only those items will be in your slider, which were created by him.
- Language filter - You can filter out the items based on the language. You can find a language filter list in here.
- Item ID - K2 items can show up on any pages, because that is how Joomla works, so your item's link can be as many links, as many menu items you have in your website. To make Joomla choose one of your menu items, you can give an Item ID, which will connect your item link to that page. This can be useful, when you want one of your menu items to be active, when you go to the link the url variable will lead. Also your different pages have different modules on them, so with the Item ID you will specify which modules will show up on this item page too. You see your pages' Item ID-s, if you turn off the SEO links in the System → Global Configuration → Search Engine Friendly URLs, then you will see it in the links of your pages in the frontend. If you leave the Item ID on 0, that will be the base Item ID, which is usually your Homepage. You can read more about this in here.
- Date format, Time format - You can use the format options, which are available for the php date function.
- title - The title of the item.
- description - The content of the item.
- thumbnail - The S size image of the item.
- image - The XL size image of the item.
- url - Url to the item.
- category_title - The title of the item's category.
- category_url - Url to the item's category.
- alias - The alias of the item.
- id - The id of the item.
- category_id - The id of the item's category.
- created_by_alias - The name of the item's author.
- hits - The number of hits on the item.
- image_caption - The Item image caption on the item's image.
- image_credits - The Item image credits on the item's image.
- created_date - The date of the item's creation with the format given at the Date format.
- created_time - The time of the item's creation with the format given at the Time format.
- extraX - Extra fields of the item.
- Category title
- User name
- Creation time
- Modification time