- Create an application at facebook.
Give your APP a Display Name, choose a Category, click on Create App ID and pass the security check.
- At the Select a Product chose Facebook Login.
- Pick Website.
- Write the website's URL, where you want to use the Facebook application, into the Site URL.
- Go to the Settings menu under the Facebook login. Copy the from Smart Slider 3's backend to the Valid OAuth redirect URIs field.
Click Save changes at the bottom right corner.
- Head to the main Settings (under the dashboard). You can find your APP Id and secret you can copy to Smart Slider 3's backend. Fist fill the App Domains and the Site URL (if not filled yet). Then click on Save Changes.
- Go to App Review, and make it available for the public.
Paste them into our back-end to the Global Settings → Facebook generator. (Make sure that you don't have any empty space characters in the end or beginning of them.)
- Click on Request token, and agree, that the api will use your account.
- After this the token will appear in your backend, and you can move on to work on your slider.
Facebook has a limitation, that you need to request a new token in every two month, and this cannot be done with a code, because the user interaction is needed at the agreement window, so you will have to request a new token in every two month (or sooner). Until then your slider will show the last slides it could create before the expiration. To help you keep track of this expiration time, you can click on the bell icon here at the Facebook settings, and you will see when it will happen.
- Now the api is done, and you can create a new slider, or use an existing one.
- Choose to give dynamic slides to your slider.
- Pick Facebook, and either photos by page, or posts by page.
- Set up your generator, pick an album or page, change the number of slides to how many do you want to be in your slider, change the cache expiration to the time you want your slider to look for new data, and if you want to, you can check, what will be on your slides in the record viewer.
- Now you can start working on how your slides will look with the datas of the first slide. You can put down layers, and use the VARIABLE signs to put that data inside them, what you want there to be.
- If something is not clear, check out how the dynamic slide generators work.
Photos by album
- Album - A User or page option, where you can give a username, or the name of a facebook page, and an Album option, where you can select either a facebook album, or the timeline photos.
Posts by page
- Page - The name of the facebook page, from where you want to show the posts.
- Type - You can choose to either show the posts, or the feed of that page.
Photos by album
- image - The link of the image.
- thumbnail - The link of the image's thumbnail.
- title - The title of the image.
- description - The description of the image.
- url - URL to the image.
- author_url - URL to the author of the image.
- likes - Like count of the image.
- icon - Facebook's image icon.
- picture - Small version of the image.
- source - Medium version of the image.
- imageX - Different sizes of the image.
Posts by page
- link - Link to the post.
- description - The text of the post.
- type - The type of the post, if it has an image, it's image type, if it has a video, it's video.
- image - The image of the post.