Picasa / Google photos generator
Important, if you created Picasa dynamic slides in the previous (less, than 3.1.8.) versions of our slider:
Google changed the accessability of the newly created albums and images, which made everything not public. Because of this, we had to rewrite the whole Picasa generator's code, and the new code needs you to create an API to give us access to your albums and images. Also the image_alternate_url and google_plus_url variables became deprecated, so if you used them, you should replace them as well. After the API is done, so in the tutorial after step 8, press the clear cache button at the Global settings to make your previous Picasa sliders use the new code as well.
With this Picasa generator you could show your Google photos inside our slider. (Previously these images were in Picasa, but Google moved them.)
Go to this link to create an API.
Go to our backend, to the Global Settings -> Picasa generator, and copy the Callback url.
Choose Web application, paste the callback url to the Authorized redirect URIs, click on Create twice (first this will only save your url, and the second click will save your API).
Copy your client ID and client secret.
Paste them into our backend.
Press the Request token button in our backend, and allow the popup window to have access to your account.
The token will appear, and you can move on to work on your slider.
Create a new slider, or use an existing one.
Choose to give dynamic slides to your slider.
Set up your generator, choose an album, change the number of slides to how many do you want to be in your slider, change the cache expiration to the time you want your slider to look for new data, and if you want to, you can check, what will be on your slides in the record viewer.
Now you can start working on how your slides will look with the datas of the first slide. You can put down layers, and use the VARIABLE signs to put that data inside them, what you want there to be. If something is not clear, check out how the dynamic slide generators work.
- Album - You can pick one specific album from where you want to show your images.
- Randomize after cache expiration - You can make your generator to get random images. This was only implemented, because of a request, but picasa don't offer an option to ask down random images, so we have to ask down all images, and get random ones out from them, so it is not very optimized, and we don't suggest using this option, unless if you have to, but rather randomize your images like this.
- image - The url of the image.
- thumbnail - The url of the thumbnail of the image.
- description - Description of the image.
- title - The title of the image.
- published - The date the image was published.
- updated - The date the image was updated.
- url - Url to the image
- album_url - Picasa url to the image's album.
- google_plus_album_url - Google+ url to the image's album.