Joomla content generator
With this dynamic slide generator you can show the contents of your Joomla articles or categories.
The video was recorded with an older Smart Slider 3 version but you can still learn a lot about the whole process.
- Create a new slider, or use an existing one.
- Choose to give dynamic slides to your slider.
- Choose one of the Joomla content generators.
If you would like to display articles from your categories, choose the Article generator, and if you would like to display the sub-categories of one of your categories, click on the Category generator.
- Set up your generator, choose the settings you think you want, change the number of slides to how many do you want to be in your slider, change the cache expiration to the time you want your slider to look for new data, and if you want to, you can check, what will be on your slides in the record viewer.
- Now you can start working on how your slides will look with the datas of the first slide. You can put down layers, and use the VARIABLE signs to put that data inside them, what you want there to be.
- If something is not clear, check out how the dynamic slide generators work.
- Categories - You can select the categories from where you want the articles.
- Tags - You can select tags to filter your articles from the selected categories.
- Featured - You can choose to show only the featured, not featured or all articles.
- Included article ids - You can write article ids there (separated by comma) and these articles will be added to the slider.
- Excluded article ids - You can write article ids there (separated by comma) and these articles will not be added to the slider even if they're in the selected category.
- User id - You can write one user's id in here, and only those articles will be in your slider, which were created by them.
- Language filter - You can filter out the articles based on the language. You can find a language filter list in here.
If you separate them by comma, you can filter multiple languages.
- Joomla access level - You can select articles based on their Joomla access level.
- Date format, Time format - You can use the format options, which are available for the php date function.
Translate date and time - Simple text replacing, which will go through the date and time variables. You will see three examples in the default value, how you can use this. It should be from->to and separate the multiple text translations using || signs, for example:
- Parent category - You can select one parent category from where you want to show it's subcategories.
- Tags - You can select tags to filter out your categories.
- Language filter - You can filter out the categories based on the language. You can find a language filter list in here.
- title - The title of the article.
- description - The content of the article.
- image thumbnail - The Intro Image of the article.
- url - Url to the article.
- category_list_url - Category List url to the category of the article.
- category_blog_url - Category Blog url to the category of the article.
- fulltext_image - The Full Article Image of the article.
- category_title - The title of the category of the article.
- created_by - The name of the user, who created the article.
- id - The id of the article.
- title - The title of the category.
- description - The description of the category.
- image thumbnail - The image of the category.
- url - Category List url to the category.
- url_blog - Category Blog url to the category.
- parent_title - The title of the category's parent.
- parent_url - Category List url to the category's parent.
- parent_url_blog - Category Blog url to the category's parent.
- Category title
- User name
- Creation time
- Modification time
- Creation time
- Modification time